 Off-Topic / Fun / 9631
Re: An alternative? (WAS: Technic's only in a coma (WAS Technic's Dead ))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
TWS Garrison wrote:
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Suzanne Rich wrote:
1) Is this rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

lol. that's not funny, but it made me laugh. never heard that expression
before.

Really??? that is one of the most often used metaphors for an exercise in
futility.

From the The Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations:

"I'm not going to rearrange the furniture on the deck of the Titanic."

--Rogers Morton
http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/Special/mpa/mortonrcb-bio.html

President Ford's campaign manager, on whether he planned any change of
strategy after Ford lost five of six primaries, Washington Post, May 16, 1976