 Off-Topic / Fun / 8612
Re: Google archives Usenet back to '81
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Frank Filz writes:
Jon Palmer wrote:
I'd love to see what cool posts (pertaining to Lego or not) that others
could dig up.

Here's my first post to Usenet (I thought I had started using it
earlier, but I guess not):

   Apparently, some of the posts haven't "made it" for some reason--I
   don't know why.  I can state this because a lot of my posts have
   gone missing, posts that I know I made--maybe they went under pseudo-
   nyms, but I KNOW that I made more than 7 posts on rtl/atl, and that
   they started in 1992/3 (iirc), with my original USENET activity also
   dating from that period.

   It's a neat toy, though.  And congratulations to Shaun for having
   his true genius realized.  ;)  Now you just have to go to all of
   the websites on the Internet that claim to know the origin of GONK
   and press your evidence...YOU MAY MAKE THIS INTO 15 MINUTES YET.

   Well, I know that *I* would, if I were the proGONKitor.

   best

   LFB