 Off-Topic / Fun / 8449
Re: More Elias and Blade ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Tony Hafner writes:
Yay! Can't wait. I'll be getting something ready (*with pictures*, finally)
next week, too. This'll be much easier when my computer is back from the
shop. (My dad forgot to switch it from 110 Volts to 220 before plugging it
in. Lemme tell you - that's a *bad move*.)

Ooh, aack, ouch!  At least that kind of problem is immediate and obvious.
One question, though: was there smoke?

Oh, *yes*. Much smoke was to be had all around. In fact, in the past month
or so we've had three occasions of things smoking up, and one of them was
actually extremely dangerous. Luckily no one was hurt. My dad was recovering
from surgery and since he was on pain-killers, didn't realize the "weird
smell" was burning eggs. No one was to fault, really, but luckily my mother
and I got home in the nick of time. The CO prolly would've gotten to him
long before the fire, and he wouldn't realize it. It was very fortunate that
we got home. Also, the fire-alarm was apparently not working. (I'll remind
my dad to check it, if he hasn't yet!)

-Shiri