 Off-Topic / Fun / 5055
Re: A good use for Jar Jar figs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:51:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Just in case you still haven't figured this out.

  Tsk tsk.  Lord of the Rings?  Isn't that the story of those little boys who
live on the island and kill each other?  I think the one was named Piggy?  :O)

That is Lord of the Flies. Big Difference.

  Sorry, but you there's no comparison between the pop culture recognition of
Star Wars to any Tolkien book.  I promise.

Ha Ha. Lord of the Rings is so ingrained into pop-culture you don't even know
it.  It basicly invented the current day idea of wizards, dragons, goblins,
elves, etc.  I know far more people who have shown there kids the animated Lord
of the Rings Trilogy than have shown them Star Wars.  This is despite the
similar rating. (PG to PG-13) If the live action movies have similar ratings,
(which I suspect they will) why would TLC not want to licence something that as
a whole is more popular.

Markus

-Lord Insanity