 Off-Topic / Fun / 4377
Re: SPAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:40:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
Yes, but I attribute it to my activity on eBay, not LUGNET.

Look at this lame attempt:
__________________________

Subject: Re:%20The%20sunshine%20house%203119
    Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:14:13 EST
   From: Nsname1962@aol.com
        To: johnneal@uswest.net

everyone is talking about LS@H.  Please tell me how I can order from them?

___________________________
(not signed)
Gee, I think I'll be a nice guy and email him back.....not.

Why not? Because it's unsolicited or because nsname1962 is from aol?

Yes.

Actually, John, this wasn't a spam letter at all. I received the same letter
from the same person (perhaps after she realized you aren't gonna answer) and
answered her, also asking who this is. She replied saying thanks a lot, and
that she ordered the sunshine house for $49, and that her name is Diana.

This is not the first mail I receive that is not signed. Many people forget
this, especially if they are young/inexperienced with lego, like Larry
mentioned. I've received two other unsigned letters, which I answered while
asking who is this. They both answered and added their name the second time.

If this seems like spam to you, so be it - but there are people out there just
trying to figure something out.

-Shiri