 Off-Topic / Fun / 4247
Re: I AM your Father! (was: Young Obi-Wan's Head)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:32:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John J. Ladasky Jr. wrote:

Say, have y'all seen Toy Story II yet?  8^)

Yep.  Lighter-weight than the first movie, although the massive jabs at toy
collectors were heavily appreciated.  Generally, mucho entertaining.

I heard Buzz Lightyear say, "You killed my father," to Emperor Zerg, and knew
EXACTLY what would be said next.  I couldn't help but joining in with old Zerg
as he replied, then laughing my fool head off.

Yeah, I was rolling around at that point, too.

Many years ago, I read a review of the Mel Brooks movie, "Blazing Saddles."  The
thesis of the review was that, once someone produces a spoof of a particular
genre, it means that people have actually been laughing about said genre for
years...  Oh yeah, Mel Brooks did "Spaceballs," too -- which I must confess I
haven't seen...

Hasn't everybody been laughing at everything for a very long time?

Steve