 Off-Topic / Fun / 3726
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jasper Janssen writes:
Regardless, UNaltered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED.

Dissemination of certain types of information, however, is not encouraged
here.  For example, leaks or other information which intrudes on the rights
of the owner.  Maybe that's OK other places, but it's not OK here.  In
fact, it's specifically against the rules here.  #6 of the Discussion Group
Terms and Conditions[1]:

   [...]
   It is a condition of your use of the discussion groups that
   you do not:
   [...]
   6.  Post or transmit any information, software, or other material
       which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including
       material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or
       which is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary
       right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first
       obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.

As Suzanne said[2] in another thread, "If there is any chance your data may
be a leak, obtain clearance from appropriate parties at the LEGO Company.
If it's fine with them, it's fine with me.  LUGNET plays by their rules.
period."

If anyone wishes to blatantly disregard the privacy and/or publicity rights
of the LEGO Company, they know where the door is.

--Todd

[1] http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/
[2] http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=11631