 Off-Topic / Fun / 3137
Re: In town the rest of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Chris Phillips wrote:

Lesson #1 when driving in Massachusetts -- never try to be a "nice guy."

I'm not going to change my internal morality because of where I happen
to be. :-) I'm just sweetness and light and MA will have to deal with
it. If they don't like it, tough.

You know that old Puritan saying:  "If you're not part of the problem, you're
part of the pavement."

Or Larry's favorite.  "If theres traffic on road, jump the curb and drive on
the sidewalk.  The pedestrians will get out of your way."  :-)

Eric

Reminds me of something that happened in my drivers ed class:

Instructor: "Always aim for the softer target."
Friend: "So if we have the options of hitting a brick wall and a pedestrian, we
should hit the pedestrian?"
Instructor: "Yes."

Now that's what I call good advice.  :)

Jeff
"Sheena, get in the glowing green square."