 Off-Topic / Fun / 145
144  |  146
Subject:
Random Invocations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:31:39 GMT

<pasted from lugnet.auctions>
Man, these random invocations of my name are really starting to make
me paranoid.
</pasted from .auctions>

Tom: Mike Stanley! Mike Stanley! Mike Stanley!

*poof*

Mike: What's going on? How did I get here? Who the hell are you?

Tom: Didn't Todd tell you? Lugnet scans for the same real-name three times in a
row. When it find such an occurence, it then studies the data pattern of
electrons emitted by photons striking your monitor's display surface. Such
information is then compared with the image in your DMV file, then
cross-referenced to your credit report, NSA profile, and past AucZILLA
purchases, thereby creating a virtual Mike Stanley suitable for use with a
DirectX plug-in on any pc connected to the web. Kinda like Max Headroom without
all that pesky stuttering.

Mike: Well, just who the hell are you anyway?

Tom: My name is Tom McDonald, a renowned smart-ass and fellow cheap bastard. I
figured it was okay since you're currently not researching any shop at home
specials for the next couple of months, or involved in any flamewars on rtl. I
thought I'd give you something to do.

Mike: When I mentioned random invocations, this wasn't what I had in mind, you
dweeb.

(mouse pointer moves to the close window button, button depresses, hourglass,
window disappears)

Tom: *sigh* I'll bet he's a lot nicer in person...

(posted with tongue firmly planted in cheek :^)
--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.

--