 Off-Topic / Fun / 11574
Re: Controversial 'Mr. Gold' LEGO figure is $1,000 windfall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 20:22:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   Controversial gold LEGO figure is $1,000 windfall

Individually numbered and mixed in randomly with LEGO’s other collectible minifigs, Mr. Gold is gold-chromed from top hat to toes -- except for his classy white gloves.

snippers

All the same, the decision hasn’t been popular with some LEGO devotees, who fear adult collectors will snap up all the Mr. Golds and shut out the toy’s younger fans.

snippers

“And I’m struggling to believe that the LEGO company actually set out with the intention of lining the pockets of eBay scalpers. Which does beg the question of exactly what they’re trying to achieve by doing this...is it just good, old-fashioned greed and a desire to milk the Collectible Minifigure cash-cow for all it’s worth?”

“I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I’ll certainly be buying less of their product in the future.”

Ah, the classics never go out of style,,, ;-)