 Off-Topic / Fun / 11293
Re: Selçuk, I need a favor!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Selçuk Göre wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Can you translate the text on this sticker?

I spotted it on a copy of the Mega Bloks Black Pearl at a KMart in western Pennsylvania, where its presence was a bit unexpected.

Any insights about the text will be most appreciated, of course!

Thanks in advance.

Dave!

Hi Dave..:-)

Yes, it is really unexpected. According to the sticker, that product is imported to Turkey by “Neco Toys”. First several lines are all contact details (phone, adress, email). Then it says “please keep this sticker for reference purposes”

Interesting. I’ve heard reports of Mega Bloks sets being re-routed from other countries back to the US for sale here, but until now I hadn’t seen any in stores near me. AFAIK the production facilities for Mega Bloks are in North America and Asia--I’m not aware of any in Europe that might make Turkey a likely avenue for this stuff to be distributed back to the US. Weird!

   After that, comes the fun part (which actually might mean this really meant to be sold in US):

“Warning!. Please get the product out of packaging before use.”

Silly me! All these years I’ve been playing with bricks while they’re still in the package--it really limits the building possibilities!

But it’s kind of funny that the label was unintelligible to my fellow Americans and me--thank goodness it wasn’t an actual warning of danger!

   I hope it helps..:-)

Yes it does--thanks for the quick answer and for helping to clear up a minor mystery!

Dave!