 Off-Topic / Fun / 11233
11232  |  11234
Subject:
Wikipedia [Re: clarifying/reminding users of "the rules"]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:02:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne Rich wrote:

Hm. An interesting Wikipedia entry there... I’m kinda disappointed that it’s limited to a modern interpretation. Their “U.S. Examples” omit things I’d consider to be even more closely aligned with their initial definition. Namely: WPA posters of the 1930’s and 1940’s. (WPA = Works Progress Administration) Many are beautifully designed, graphically stark, and pack a punch for sending out their message.

It’s Wikipedia - feel free to add to the article ;)

ROSCO