 Off-Topic / Fun / 11110
Re: what is ALE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:34:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Johannes Koehler wrote:
   How do you pronounce “LOL”? Better asked: Does anybody ever pronounce it? Ain’t www-acronyms like that only used in written communication?

Ya I think so, except in rare circumstances. But the question still comes up, how do you say it “in your head” when you’re reading it, even if you don’t voice it... I actually say LOL “loll” in my head, believe it or not, unlike IIRC...

What a strange person! Acros are to save time typing, neh? So, why wouldn’t one voice it out “in one’s head”? Whenever I read an acro, I unsuffit.

The voices in my head talk slowly, so that I can understand what they are saying... apparently yours don’t, and talk so fast that you’re getting garbled messages?

That certainly would explain a lot!

   Unless a person is too important and their time too valuable to take that extra nanosecond or two to do it? ;-)

Yep, that’s me all right...

Re: what is ALE?