 Off-Topic / Debate / 5788
Re: personal responsibility (was:Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

the law put culpability on my friend, but I would argue that
the speeding car was most responsible, of course if my friend wanted, he

I agree that the speeder was responsible for the accident, but while I can
point to ways that your friend's behavior could have avoided it, I can claim
that he shares responsibility.  (I realize that this is not an argument against
what you've expressed here.)  He could have lived somewhere else.  He could
have lobbied the city to install speed bumps.  He could have rerouted his
driveway either to the top of the rise or farther from it.

This is just another example of shared responsibility.

Chris