 Off-Topic / Debate / 28732
Re: Elian Gonzales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2023 19:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, “Dave Schuler” orrex11@gmail.com wrote:
   Well how about that:
  • of 404dead link*

And then there’s this:

Once cherished in Miami, Elián González is set to become a legislator in Cuba

I had to dust off some obscure ‘How to use LUGNET’ memories and read the entire thread.

The Usual Suspects from Back in the Day (tm) were present in this thread which was awesome to read...

The usual admonishment of ++Lars pontifications were there...

And it was a thread full of thoughtful points from a spectrum of POV’s.

And the final chapter - 23 years after this glorious thread - to wrap it all up - the kid is back in Cuba and running for office.

Huh.

Dave K (1)

1 - posting from a country considered by some who posted in O-T.D as akin to Cuba, and currently the ‘Freedom Convoy’ ignorant malcontents always compare our current PM to Castro. Coincidence? I wonder.