 Off-Topic / Debate / 27318
Re: The Brick Testament: Samson and Delilah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:51:28 GMT

In lugnet.build.ancient, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:

I didn’t really see an opportunity to show more of a gradual hair-growth given the Bible passages I had to work with.

Good point, and I agree with your solution.

   Samson and Delilah - I’m really digging the customized hairpiece you used for Delilah. Great job on that.

Thanks, it’s really nice to have more hair options--ones that cover very basic hairstyles that could be from virtually any era, like this simple female hair parted-to-one-side modification.

On the topic of customization of that hairpiece, this reminds me of Pat Morgan’s customized Saxon. Bill Vollbrecht did something very similar with his Willy Wonka.

Not sure what this refers to (I had to look up what JLUG is). Was there a LEGO bonadge contest of some sort there?

Go to JLUG and do a quick search on “BDSM”.

   “murder” vs “kill”

   OK, you guys are going to have to help me out,

Sorry to be unclear. All I was saying was that a literal translation of the word used in these stories is usually “kill”, not “murder”, and I thought you used “murder” in the text at least once. Maybe I’m misremembering. I’m not commenting at all on the story titles, as these are always an editorial gloss on the text.

   I wish I could figure out a way to get the standard minifig arms to stay in a stretched-out-to-the-sides position without having something obvious holding them in place.

Hmm, would there be a way to use the “official LEGO paper clip”?

---pauses---rips arms off nearest minifig (“Ouch!” cries the minifig)---tries to shove a paperclip in---Grrrr---

Maybe not. The hole inside the connecter part of the arm is too large in diameter to interact with the paperclips I’ve got lying on my desk. Maybe if you wrapped the paperclip in some of the official LEGO tape that comes with the same desk set.

Bruce