 Off-Topic / Debate / 26291
Re: Crucial Endorsement for Bush
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:03:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
Saying it like it is...

[Hasan Rowhani (Head of Iran's Supreme National Security Council)]

"We haven't seen anything good from the Democrats... We do not desire to see
Democrats take over ... We should not forget that most sanctions and economic
pressures were imposed on Iran during the time of  Clinton. And we should not
forget that during Bush's era - despite his hardline and baseless rhetoric
against Iran - he didn't take, in practical terms, any dangerous action
against Iran."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1334176,00.html

It is a funny old world.

Yeah, the contents of supermarket tabloids are usually pretty funny,

Inclined though you may be to dismiss the Guardian, perhaps you should factor
the ramblings of the ultraliberal Weekly Standard into your "funny"
calculations:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/809lbgtx.asp

Dave!