 Off-Topic / Debate / 24130
Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 21:13:17 GMT

   The 76% figure came from here, in section 4.3. Poor citation on my part.

**snip of the rest that really should have been obvious to me**

Note the symbol is not % but its cousin, with two zeroes in the denominator. That indicates “76 of one thousand.” If they’d meant 76/100, they would have used 0/0 and not 0/00.

   I hate it when you get in on a debate--it means that I always have to start checking my figures and citations...

I suppose I oughta stick around, then.

Go play with your boats. 8^)

We can play the Pirate Game, winner takes all... ;)

all best

LFB