 Off-Topic / Debate / 19842
19841  |  19843
Subject:
Which is it; time machine or plagiarism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:59:05 GMT

But now we're back to ignoring people.  I do notice that we can actually
communicate with Scott again--has his pennance been paid?

Penance.

No, to pay penance you have to admit you sinned, I believe. Scott has made
no such admission, and in fact, according to some, he's worse than ever.

Sinner: repent ye because ye have sinned!

The "sin":

Larry [2003]:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=19079
==+==
When someone observed to Winston Churchill that his predecessor as prime
minister, Neville Chamberlain, was a humble man, Churchill is reported to
have replied, "And he has so much to be humble about." Ditto for some current
European leaders...
==+==

Rev. Mike Macdonald [2000]:
http://www.gazettearchives.com/faith2000/_disc4/000000bc.htm
==+==
When someone observed to Winston Churchill that his predecessor as prime
minister, Neville Chamberlain, was a humble man, Churchill is reported to
have replied, "And he has so much to be humble about." Ditto this country
preacher.
==+==

Either Rev. Mike Macdonald has a time machine, or Larry plagiarised his work. I
expect plagiarism is against TOS of this site. QED, he has "sinned".

What was his penance? Did I miss his public apology to us all?

Scott A

PS: Plagiarism: very libertarian!