 Off-Topic / Debate / 18361
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:05:23 GMT

In lugnet.build.ancient, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.build.ancient, Ronald Scott Moody writes:

Thanks for such a
great was to use Lego to honor our Creator!

Well that's certainly ONE view of what he's doing, yes. Please forgive me
for snickering out loud when I read the above paragraph, though. Ronald, you
may want to check your assumptions a lot more carefully before you proclaim
that you're sure you know what Brendan's motives were.

Hey,

Just to throw in my two cents, I'm a highly religious person who very much
enjoys Brendan's work.  He is being fairly true to the text*.  So a view of
the impact of his work really rests on your view of the underlying text.  If
you are a person who holds up this text as divine revelation, then anything
pointing to that text is a good thing.  If you find the text to be
ridiculous, then anything that shines a light on the text heightens the
ridicule.

But then, I also loved the Simpsons episode where they retold Bible stories
using the Simpsons, and Life of Brian, and the Last Temptation of Christ
(though the book is infinitely better and deeper than the movie), etc etc
etc, so I suppose some people within religious circles would look askance at
my opinions on the matter.

Bruce

*There have been a couple of places where I have disagreed on
interpretation, though his interpretation has not been without merit, and a
couple of stories where I wish he had gone a few versed more.