 Off-Topic / Debate / 17944
17943  |  17945
Subject:
John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 03:49:12 GMT

I saw his column today in the Grand Rapids Press. So I thought I'd share it
with you. But of course to just cut and paste it in here is copyright
infringement, not fair use, so if you want to see what he thinks, you'll
have to follow a link. Here's one I found...

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/leo1.asp

This was just the first site that had it when I entered the search string
"john leo west wing" into google.com. I have no idea how long the column
will be held there so this link may be bad in a month from now or whatever
(I base that on the last bit of the URL which has no date tag...)...

I do not often agree with John Leo, he's too "conventional conservative" for
my taste.

But he hit the nail right on the head this time.

"The West Wing" is pure propaganda, not grounded in reality, and promotes
the producer's personal agenda with no balance, but keeps that a secret from
those viewers incapable of thinking for themselves (i.e. most of them,
apparently, since it seems to do well in the ratings despite being
significantly out of sync with how people feel politically).

Therefore citing from it carries no water for me. Ever.