 Off-Topic / Debate / 144
143  |  145
Subject:
The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:33:54 GMT

I said:

3 - note that I celebrate Christmas because it's fun, not because of
Christ.(3)

and Steve Berry wrote:

Larry,

Just a question, why did you feel the need to editoralize your feelings
about Christmas in a LEGO trains newsgroup?  Are you that paranoid about
how people think you see Christmas?  As you can tell, I didn't think it was
appropriate here.  Take it to the off-topic area next time.

Many other people sign their appends with "<><", bible verses, etc.
Every append, mind you, not just once in a while. I don't sign my
appends "I'm an atheist", but I guess I could start. Nor have I
suggested that people should take every append with "<><" in it to
off-topic, but I guess I could start. I felt that clarifying my position
on Christmas (given the long thread that has been running in off-topic
about my belief system, dunno why it's so long, exactly) in **one** post
was rather mild.

Perhaps you need to examine your own feelings... are you that paranoid
about Christianity that you need to jump on people that point out that
they aren't? Cast in the light I just shed, aren't your remarks really
rather silly?

I've always welcomed your comments about LEGO and you've always conducted
yourself well, but I thought this was uncalled for.  Now, back to LEGO
trains...

And I in turn thought your post was uncalled for as well. Please don't
pass judgement on my conduct, thanks, especially in a backhanded way
like the above. Next you'll be telling me I can't put "I'm a
Libertarian" in my signature either.

Steve Berry

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.
- I'm a Libertarian and I'm an atheist. Deal.