 Off-Topic / Debate / 12670
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
Ross Crawford wrote:
I don't fully agree. No more terrorists=no more terrorist acts.

This sounds pretty similar to "No jews=supreme Aryan state" to me.

it does?  saying that we need to kill someone who _says_ they want to kill us,
and _have_actually_ acted so in the past is the same as killing someone just
because they prey/act differently?  Not in my mind.

Somehow, these
fanatics need to understand 'Don't mess with us, or we'll take you down
permanently'.

Who are you threatening to "take down"? Some random muslim perhaps? Or maybe
the whole lot? Do you include my muslim friends here in Australia, or that
"piece of s**t" Palesinian guy selling papers on the streets of NYC?

uh, where did he even mention the word muslim there?

Yes, I put words in Davids mouth, it was way over the top. I apologise.

Let me as you this, if the hijackers of the planes managed to survive
somehow, would you not think they need to be punished, maybe even killed?  I
see no difference between the ones who did the act and the ones who planned it.

Where did I say people shouldn't be punished? David said "we'll take you down
permanently", I take that to mean killing. If a hijacker had survived, he
should be tried for murder, and if convicted, serve the sentence according to
American law. If that means the death sentence, so be it.

The only difference I see between the organisers & the hijackers is that the
organisers have no qualms delegating murder. If the organisers are identified,
and can be extradited they should suffer the same consequences as a surviving
hijacker.

ROSCO