 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 85
Re: just for fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 02:28:51 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <373214B7.4B76@mindspring.com>...
John DiRienzo wrote:

A bit heretical, but one could get one of those Mega Bloks slot car sets
(and paint the track tan so it blends in with the desert theme - its not
Lego so its ok to deface it by painting...)...
Frank Filz

   Thats a cool idea, Frank!  Is this slot car set still in stores?  I • have
been away from this group for a few days (reading RTL is too time • consuming
these days!).  There have been about 800 posts there in the time there • were
3 here!

You'll have to hunt around a bit, but I think so. Try TRU (if you need
to look under the signs which hide the top shelf), try K-Marts. I'm not
sure where all I've seen this set, but I've seen it within the last
month or so.

If anyone is looking for this slot car set, I just saw it in our local KB
Toys Outlet store for $29.99. I'd be happy to pick it up for someone.

Frank