 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 351
Re: The mythical gender-changing plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Joseph Gonzalez writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.general, John J. Ladasky, Jr. writes:
Hi, folks,

I have heard tell of a very useful part in the other groups to which I've
posted.  This part is a plate that has studs on both sides.  Alternately,
there has been mention of a plate that can accept studs on both sides.

these are 2x2 square pieces.  double males have open cylinder studs on
both sides of a square "plate" only about as thick as a thin wall lego
element.

i'll just tag onto craig's message with this scan:
http://members.xoom.com/legohead/images/t-5301-1.jpg

look in the lower half of the page and you'll see the parts craig describes.

  And, I hasten to add in a shameless bit of self-promotion, it will be one of
the parts featured in my forthcoming CLONE.DATs release for use with LDraw,
hopefully to be rolled out this weekend.  Thanks to the very helpful efforts
of Tore Ericksson, the update will feature 100 apocryphal parts from TYCO,
Block-Men, MegaBloks, and Best-Lock.
  Stay tuned for further info!

     Dave!