 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2946
Re: TRU Faux Pas!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.fun
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
During the past weekend I discovered a cool and huge new MegaBloks Firetruck
at a local TRU, containing about 1100 pieces for $50.  At my lunch hour
today I stopped by a different TRU with the intention of purchasing it, but
I didn't see it on the shelves.  A TRU stockworker stood on a tall ladder
nearby, and I mentioned that I had seen the kit at another TRU, and I asked
if she knew whether it was in stock at this location.

Then she turned toward me, and I saw the emblem on her shirt, and she said
"I'm sorry, I work for LEGO."

Doh!

She feigned horrified indignation, but she was acually really cool about it.
Then she said, "Well, our markets don't overlap too much."  Which baffled
me, but it seemed like a gracious way to help me get my foot out of my mouth.

You're not going to believe this, but I did the same thing to the same LEGO rep
about four days ago in the very same TRU, though this time I asked about some
upcoming Mega Bloks Halo products.

Small world.