 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2716
Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 01:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeff Stembel wrote:

MegaBloks announced the license for Mobile Suit Gundam on their Japanese website today. This doesn’t come as much of a surprise to me, considering they’ve had Power Rangers for a while, not to mention a few other anime properties, so they’ve got a relationship with Bandai that Lego doesn’t have.

The main announcement is here:
http://mega.channel.or.jp/mega/new_s/new_s.html
The Japanese MegaBloks page is here:
http://mega.channel.or.jp/index.html

Jeff
(News courtesy of Gunota Headlines Blog)

So MB is now trying to jump on the mecha bandwagon to compete with LEGO’s Exo-Force sets...interesting. I wonder if they’ll make a realistic picture of one of their Gundams that’s just a pile of robot limbs, since that’s what will probably happen with most of them when assembled.

David