 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 262
Re: worrying trend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

I'm worried.  I got a look at a new bucket of Mega Bloks in pastel--and
it happened to be open, so I played with a few of the bloc^Hks.  They
stay together remarkably well, and actually look pretty uniform in
colour.

It doesn't worry me if they can get their quality up to anything close
to LEGO bricks. We do need a serious competitor, and Ritvik is probably
in the best position to be that competitor. They seem to have a decent
design staff (the set designs I've looked at look good) and their Brick
geometry is the same as LEGO bricks (as opposed to Best-Lock which uses
a different brick height).

Some of the Mega Bloks sets I've seen have seriously appealed to be as sets.
I would say that their design team is producing sets superior to most of
LEGO's current offerings except it terms of brick quality.  Mega Bloks also
blows LEGO out of the water in terms of variety and availability of bulk tubs.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/