 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2407
2406  |  2408
Subject:
New Nano sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:52:33 GMT

My local KMart features four new Nano sets, numbering from 5907 through 5910 and
each representing a roadster and including a small figurine and aroudn 100
pieces.  These are about one inch tall and do not appear to be articulated, but
they include a magnet in the base that matches to a magnet somewhere in the body
of the vehicle.  No price was visible on the sets or on the shelf, but I'd guess
them to be between $5.99 and $7.99.

The cars are in the Nano style and scale, of course, and they seem to have new
brick designs, but my knowledge of Nano parts is very limited.  However, the
sets are part of a "Customz" series and include a number of detailing elements
for tricking out the vehicles.

If you like Nano, you might like these.  One point of note that particularly
struck me is that the packaging is largely clear plastic to show off the bricks.
This seems like a good move from a marketing standpoint, because the earlier
Nano didn't give a good sense of the sets' scale.  Sure, they showed a 2x4
N-brick, but for all the casual consumer knows, that small brick is just a
promotional item.  These Customz sets do a better job of showing off the
product, and I have to admit that the small bricks do look pretty cool, even if
I'm not too interested in the line.

If anyone spots others in this series (or any new MegaBloks sets at all, of
course) let us know!

Dave!