 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2093
2092  |  2094
Subject:
Art Asylum Mini-Mates blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:45:35 GMT

from Raving Toy Maniac’s coverage of Toy Fair 2004:

http://www.toymania.com/toyshows/tf2004/full/fri19.shtml

my fav so far is the Javelin 7

another set from Toy News International:

http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2004_Toy_Fair%2FArt_Asylum_and_Play_Along%2FDC_Minimates&pic=ArtAsylum+131.jpg&dispsize=640&start=45

in both pics, it’s obvious that several pieces are direct COPIES of Lego pieces. I wonder if Art Asylum bought a liscence from Lego so Lego would supply the bricks in the set?

Jeff