 Off-Topic / *39154 (-20)
  Re: namecalling

(...) Which was partly (if not all) the result of quotes from the press. (...) Put a Warhead in the middle, and you'll have Cerberus (ya know, the dog that guarded the Styx...) ;-) Pedro (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) At this point in time, I disagree. But in the mid-term that can happen and probably will. Mind you, that does NOT imply in any way that Europe automatically becomes an antagonist to the US! (...) ??? Do you mean anything other than the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: namecalling

(...) Well spotted on the hypocrisy - he's just grinding his usual axe. And I wish to note that I have great respect for the way Frank expresses his opinions (we could all learn a lesson by emulating him). But, ummmmm, errrrr, I'd agree with most of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) A lot of people in America aren't impressed with us being the world's policemen, either, regardless of the individual cases. But to run down the list... Pakistan: if we were to deal with Pakistan, we would have to deal with the trigger device (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  namecalling

(...) (URL) gives "an ungrateful person", or "a person who shows no gratitude"... none of the meanings it lists have any negative connotation beyond that. Ya, that's namecalling all right. (1) But of course, words like "airhead", "poodle", "lapdog", (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) From whom? (...) Which they use to hold land which does not belong to them and kill women and children. Does it make you feel pround to know this bomb had "made in the usa" stamped on the side: (URL)If we went in and disarmed them (like some (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) I thought Duq made a lot of very good points in his post. I'm disappointed that both you and Frank have chosen to respond to him with name calling. Scott A (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: National Geographic Swimsuit issue? !! ?

(...) I believe you can get every single issue on CD - a quickie check as I type this - yup, $59.95 at the National Geographic on-line store. 1888-2000. And of, course, it doesn't work on Windows XP, and that's what I'm running. (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) Inherently I support the idea of a world court, but I'm not sure how to implement it to give it appropriate teeth. I was going to talk about my feelings of two noteable incidents of US pilots attacking non-enemies. From what I can see, I hope (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Duq" <lugnetpost@skipthis...tmfweb.nl> wrote in message news:H9JqHM.2IM@lugnet.com... snip (...) and (...) LOL, good post. /Jocke (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

I fixed Duk's quoting, he did it in a nonstandard way. I found one thing to agree with in the post. The rest is pretty hateful and divorced from reality though... (...) Great. Glad to hear it. I'm not the only person who thinks you lot (and a number (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: National Geographic Swimsuit issue? !! ?

(...) Though, talking about the history of the swimsuit... Eh, I'll prbably get a copy... ;) How many of you are mad at a sibling for throwing out all your family's Nat. Geo.? When I was growing up, we had a subscription, and my dad had issues right (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  National Geographic Swimsuit issue? !! ?

(URL) Dom said... we are all going to ... (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: is shorter better

(...) Yep. Abandoning Aol per se and logging into the web mail @ aol and replying from there, while remarkably slow when connected by an ordinary phone line, does immediately authenticate a post to appear here i.e.: (URL) I'll go report back to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: is shorter better

(...) I regret to report this second try was also held, but at least it went thru immediately when I authenticated via http. The first try I replied to authenticate - seemingly that authentication is less reliable. I imagine the issue is @aol.com (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  is shorter better

My first try was, I quote, held for authentication. I wonder why. PL (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Minifig Hall of Fame Update !!!!!!

Hello everyone ! I was very busy this monh, so here it comes, a bit late : The Minifig Hall of Fame update you all have been waiting for ! :-) First, There are 2 new Minifigs in the HoF. Majisto and the Pirate Captain won for January and February. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

(...) I think we all have a duty to defend freedom where it is threatened... even if it means out multinationals loose $$$. Take a look at what the UK did in Sierra Leon: (URL) was not perfect. UK lives were lost. But democracy was restored. It was (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Poodles & Chimps [Re: Value of NATO?]

(...) Indeed. In the UK, Blair is often satirised as a poodle, whilst "his master" is a chimp. More often he's just a diminutive form of bush: (URL) kind of a shame, as Blair is often argued to be one of the smartest leaders there is - but I suppose (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  test geddar æøå ÆØÅ

tralalala æøå ÆØÅ (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact