 Model Team / *1472 (-20)
Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:19:12 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Hi all,

It has been a while since I finished a new MOC.

It’s also been a while since you finished this one, but man! Great job!

Re: Heavy Haul Trailer and Winch Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 09:11:45 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Steven Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Glen Bell wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I posted a 'story' on Lugnet, however....

Here is the latest completed project.

a fully functional winch truck.

Glen Bell

I wonder why competative winching has bever been a sport?

What you'd do is connect the winches on two trucks, and whichever drags the
other to the mid point first wins. You wouldn't be allowed to connect the trucks
to anything but you could use built in ground anchors.

ummmm.. things could break and people could, well... you figure it out.

humans and snapping high tension steal cables don't mix. cables win.

weird!

/G

Re: Heavy Haul Trailer and Winch Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:16:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Glen Bell wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I posted a 'story' on Lugnet, however....

Here is the latest completed project.

a fully functional winch truck.

Glen Bell

I wonder why competative winching has bever been a sport?

What you'd do is connect the winches on two trucks, and whichever drags the
other to the mid point first wins. You wouldn't be allowed to connect the trucks
to anything but you could use built in ground anchors.

Subject:
Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:32:47 GMT

This truck was my first attempt to merge Technic and Model Team into one MOC:

I built it quite a while ago but only recently took the pictures. Since I make more concept models and not many finished Technic MOCs I thought it would be good to post it.

As well as the usual steering, differential, opening doors and motor drive, the truck features an automatically-raised centre axle, which drops when a trailer puts weight on the 5th wheel. The 5th wheel is sprung in a way compatible with the 8872 transporter trailer pin scheme (a bush trapped by a latching lever). There are 12V headlights but I hadn’t yet wired them up inside.

I admit that few trucks have a centre axle that both lifts and steers, these being mutually exclusive options for real trucks, but the idea was to put lots of Technic functions into a more realistic looking truck. It’s not modelled on any particular type and the sleeper cab may be longer than a real European one.

A shame some of the bricks have faded in the few years it’s been built. It’s not been anywhere near a window sill!

I’d really like to see TLG put many Technic functions into Model Team models and make new Model Team sets with more “play value”. It might be more commercially viable than a full 1:13 scale truck set (a real pipe dream!).

Mark

Re: Three metres long heavy beam transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Of the same Actros I already put some pictures on the net but now I’ve added the longest model so far to my website. It’s a three metres long heavy hauler of Mammoet based on the Actros with stepframe trailer. You can read the full description on my website

The pictures in my post disappeared unfortunately (another webserver). But in a meanwhile I changed something to give it a new look. Actually it is a new model but this time it didn’t took me two years to build it. Two months were enough.

I wrote a short description about the adaption of the old three axle unit.

Best regards

Dennis Bosman

Re: Muscle car: 4896 alternate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 13:25:13 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.build, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   In lugnet.build, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   Hi.

Another alternate. This time it’s from 4896 Roaring Roadsters:

SNIP

Folder (when moderated)

Holy cow, another awesome alternate! I’m blown away... yet again. I guess I’m going to need to start pestering you for building instructions and/or “exploded-view” pictures again so I can build it myself ;-)

-Paul

Thanks Paul!

No surprise to see a reaction from you. Nice to hear you like it, although I’m not completely satisfied with it myself. I think that after the almost 3 years that I worked for the LEGO company, my quality standards went up...

It looks great in the pictures. I guess the creator of a work is often its harshest critic. I’m getting the feeling from things you’ve wrote that maybe you aren’t working for LEGO anymore (?)

I guess you are right with both. As the creator I know all the flaws of the model. It’s probably not as bad as it sounds and I have to say that the pictures came out better than expected. And indeed I’m not working at LEGO anymore. A new challenge came on my path, something I just felt I had to give a try.

Snip

If it’s no trouble, I’d be interested in a high-res exploded view :-)

(but I doubt that qualifies as ‘no trouble’)

I could just try to build it from the pictures you already have up there. (although maybe one extra shot from underneath would help figure out the internals... okay, no more pestering, I’ll stop now)

Ok, ok... Just give me some time. ;-)

Nathanael

Re: Muscle car: 4896 alternate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 12:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.build, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   In lugnet.build, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   Hi.

Another alternate. This time it’s from 4896 Roaring Roadsters:

SNIP

Folder (when moderated)

Nathanael

Hey Nathanael!!!

Holy cow, another awesome alternate! I’m blown away... yet again. I guess I’m going to need to start pestering you for building instructions and/or “exploded-view” pictures again so I can build it myself ;-)

-Paul

Thanks Paul!

No surprise to see a reaction from you. Nice to hear you like it, although I’m not completely satisfied with it myself. I think that after the almost 3 years that I worked for the LEGO company, my quality standards went up...

It looks great in the pictures. I guess the creator of a work is often its harshest critic. I’m getting the feeling from things you’ve wrote that maybe you aren’t working for LEGO anymore (?)

Oh well, as long as it inspires others, I shouldn’t complain I guess. I see what I can do for you, if you’re still interested...

If it’s no trouble, I’d be interested in a high-res exploded view :-)

(but I doubt that qualifies as ‘no trouble’)

I could just try to build it from the pictures you already have up there. (although maybe one extra shot from underneath would help figure out the internals... okay, no more pestering, I’ll stop now)

Nathanael

Thanks...

-Paul

New MOC: My convertible
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 05:50:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Inspired by the Arvo bros, although I don’t know if this does their amazing work justice. Please let me know what you think!
--Bram

Custom aluminum brick keychains: http://shop.bldesign.org

Re: Scania T114G with Liebherr A904 excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:46:23 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Yes, another model again. Actually I built it from 2003 to 2005 but before I take pictures I first search for a suitable spot and good weather! Combining both isn’t as easy as you might think but most times the weather doesn’t cooperate. Fortunately June and July had a lot of nice weekends and I went out for three times to make a photo shoot. This is the third one ...

It shows a 4-series bonneted Scania. And yes, I already built one in 2000 but the new one is much better. Curious? Just read the full text on my website.

It’s a completely new MOC however I made a makeover of the one of which I posted a message in August 2006. The URL of the picture doesn’t work anymore but here I place pictures of both models.

First I removed the trailer and later I converted the tractor into a four axle unit with tilted cab.

Before:

After:

Read more about it on my website

Dennis Bosman

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:08:44 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Erin Howarth wrote:
   This model is very cleverly photographed. I can’t get a sense of the scale. How large is this model? I saw on your website that the wheels you use are larger than the wheels typically found in sets these days. I wonder if they are anything like the wheels I saw in the new Batman set with Harley Quinn’s hammer truck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/noonions/2276012997/in/set-72157603937631430/No Onions

The scale is 1 to 13.

These wheels are quite old and are from the Technic sets. The first sets with these wheels were the 853 car chassis and 851 aggricultural tractor. Both were introduced in 1977. The trailer wheels were launched in 1981 at first in set 8848.

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:54:04 GMT

This model is very cleverly photographed. I can’t get a sense of the scale. How large is this model? I saw on your website that the wheels you use are larger than the wheels typically found in sets these days. I wonder if they are anything like the wheels I saw in the new Batman set with Harley Quinn’s hammer truck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/noonions/2276012997/in/set-72157603937631430/No Onions

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:18:32 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Eric Sophie wrote:
Dennis, it is ALWAYS a treat to see the incredible MOCs you create.

This is again a stunning example of how well done your works are.

I would say more, but I really prefer to go study what you have made!

Eric Sophie

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the compliments! It's the same for your incredible MOCs! They're
totally different from mine but they're also worth a study.

BR, Dennis

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:15:54 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Beat Felber wrote:
   Congratulations on another great model!

Thank you for the compliments! I took me a long time to get it like this but I’m very pleased with it. Yesterday I received some large prints of the pictures I’ve taken. It looks very different in comparison to the traditional LEGO colors. I’m very satisfied with those as well.

   Since LEGO released all these new fancy colors, it happens more and more that we get to see much more realistic models - at least from a color scheme point of view. And yours definitely is one of that category.

But than I have to invest in many new pieces for a second time. I would like to build a green truck as well but this year I will not spend so much money on new LEGOs. Currently I’m building models in the tradional colors again (except from some dark bluish grey pieces :-)

   You told me quite a long time ago that you were working on an orange model and so I was pretty sure it would become a Van der Vlist model. But I newer expected it to be a Renault Magnum. I always associate VdV with Scania. Don’t ask me why.

Van der Vlist always had many Scania’s in their fleet and they still have. The parent company has many DAF and Volvo. The Scania’s are getting more out of order because they havan’t bought ones from the latest range. Holtrop Van der Vlist just has Scania’s. They contractors are driving with any kind of brand. This Magnum is quite rare. Maybe people thought I would build the 6-axle Scania tractor like Frank Buiting did. He started to build his MOC later then I did but as I described the Magnum was the only one which I could proper build of LEGOs.

BR, Dennis

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:15:51 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:27:49 GMT

Hi Dennis

Congratulations on another great model!

Since LEGO released all these new fancy colors, it happens more and more that we get to see much more realistic models - at least from a color scheme point of view. And yours definitely is one of that category.

You told me quite a long time ago that you were working on an orange model and so I was pretty sure it would become a Van der Vlist model. But I newer expected it to be a Renault Magnum. I always associate VdV with Scania. Don’t ask me why.

Beat

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:27:13 GMT

Dennis, it is ALWAYS a treat to see the incredible MOCs you create.

This is again a stunning example of how well done your works are.

I would say more, but I really prefer to go study what you have made!

Eric Sophie

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:29:57 GMT

"Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Getting the right pieces was one of the most difficult issues but
eventually I managed it.

Dennis Bosman

<<http://dennisbosman.nl/lego/lego/trucks/nr53/v53f24.jpg>>

Your work is so very fine. Thanks for sharing it,

Bob

Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:26:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Hi all,

It has been a while since I finished a new MOC. But the model I’ve added to my website today took me more than two years to build. And it has a different color than the previous ones: oranges. That was also the main reason it took so long.

It’s a Renault Magnum with a stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer which I had already. Getting the right pieces was one of the most difficult issues but eventually I managed it.

Dennis Bosman

I’m impressed with your attention to detail. Great work!

Subject:
Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:18:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

It has been a while since I finished a new MOC. But the model I’ve added to my website today took me more than two years to build. And it has a different color than the previous ones: oranges. That was also the main reason it took so long.

It’s a Renault Magnum with a stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer which I had already. Getting the right pieces was one of the most difficult issues but eventually I managed it.

Dennis Bosman

Re: Lego VW beetle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.year.2008
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:57:16 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Patrick Bégin wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Tim David wrote:
   Following on from the large car prototypes shown at Frechen Lego seem to have sone some more work alongside VW on the Beetle and it should be out next year!

Whoooooooooo dark blue service pack !!!!

Its a bit worrying, my comment (on another forum) was ‘mmm dark blue’ Its a cool model too.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact