 MediaWatch / 388
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:29:50 GMT

I wonder how this will affect the Brick Testament?  The Bible
has some very interesting stories...

KL

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
News from the Danish Broadcasting Corporation yesterday:

http://www1.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/article.jhtml?articleID=46165

(my translations)

»Minifigs having sex and going to gay bars is not a part of
Lego's values«

Thomas Reil, The Lego Group says:

»It is something we distance ourselves strongly from. Therefore
we will attempt to have it stopped, if it is legally possible.«

While I understand The Lego Group's dislike of having LEGO
associated with anything but smiling kids and parents, I doubt
that they have any possibility to stop these animations.  They
can of course limit the association of the animations with them
through trademark laws.

Play well,

Jacob (who isn't a lawyer)
--