 MediaWatch / 384
Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
»Minifigs having sex and going to gay bars is not a part of
Lego's values«

In the "good old days" minifigs were essentially sexless.  They all pretty
much looked the same with the same smily face.  Before that, minifigs didn't
have movable arms or legs, so they looked like little people in body casts.
Today's minifigs have extreme facial expressions along with detailed
depictions of hair, including facial hair.

As far as "Lego's values", they have not remained consistent through the
years.  For the longest time, guns were forbidden, but they're seemingly
everywhere in Lego today.

As far as Lego's desire to keep sex out of "child's play", I'd certainly
agree, but I'm not sure that "brickfilms" would be viewed by children
anyway.  Seems like Lego's legal department is just trying to cover the
company's collective behind.

Jeff