 MediaWatch / 3087
3086  |  3088
Subject:
LEGO UK veteran steps down after 30 years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:25:52 GMT

LEGO UK veteran steps down after 30 years

Senior national account manager Darrell Shoob leaves the firm

One of LEGO UK’s longest serving employees is stepping down after a 31 year career with the construction toy company.

Senior national account manager Darrell Shoob joined the company in 1983 and was present for the creation of LEGO UK’s educational products department, the launch of both the Technic brand and Space Minifigures.

Shoob began his career as area sales representative when the firm was based in North Wales.

The firm has now become the World’s second biggest toy maker, and Shoob has been around to see those innovations from the LEGO Group reach global status.

“I have had an amazing 31 years with LEGO,” said Shoob.

“I have particularly enjoyed seeing the developments of partnerships with movie licenses as this moved LEGO onto a new level for consumers.

“Although I will miss lighting up the faces of complete strangers when I tell them that I work for LEGO, I am very much looking forward to working to my own agenda and pursuing new interests I haven’t even thought of yet.

“Perhaps I will actually get time to play with LEGO now.”

LEGO UK, general manager, Fiona Wright, added: “Darrell has been instrumental in managing and developing the relationships with some of our key accounts.

“He has been an integral part of our business for over 30 years and we will miss his input and knowledge. We wish Darrell the very best for his retirement.”

Toynewa-online.biz

-end of report-