 MediaWatch / 2980
Re: FUNCOM To Develop Massively Multiplayer Online Game Based On LEGO® Minifigures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 11:43:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.mediawatch, Don Rogerson wrote:
   This appears to be a license deal, not a development deal.

In other words, I bet FUNCOM will be taking on most of the risk of making the game profitable, not TLG.

So the question becomes whether it is possible to make a go of a game in this space. It would be interesting to see what failure analysis was done... here’s what I and others came up with.

http://www.quora.com/Why-did-LEGO-Universe-fail

Would be interested in what others think (write an answer! But watch out, Quora can be very engaging)