 MediaWatch / 2794
2793  |  2795
Subject:
Forest Park resident builds business with LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cin
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:20:45 GMT

Forest Park resident builds business with LEGO

From Communitypress.Cincinnati website on Sept. 24, 2010.

William Lynch enjoys building with LEGO, and has turned that love into a profitable business.

Lynch, a Forest Park resident, started Cincinnati Bricks about five years ago and says the business is “wildly successful.”

Cincinnati Bricks acts as a “chop shop” for LEGO sets. Lynch buys sets and breaks them down to sell the individual pieces to collectors and builders.

The business began in Lynch’s Forest Park home, but he’s recently moved much of his product to a warehouse in the city.

Lynch said he buys the LEGO sets “wherever I can get a deal” and sells them through his website, Amazon, exhibitions or displays.

Cincinnati Bricks has been a featured BrickLink (an unofficial online LEGO marketplace) numerous times as one of the top 50 LEGO sellers by volume. There are about 4,000 such stores in the world.

Lynch said he was selling real estate and selling LEGO as a side business, but said the risk was too high selling properties, so he’s put that business on the back burner to focus on LEGO, which have been bringing steady income for several years.

“I’m basically doubling my business every year,” he said.

Lynch said he hopes to one day make Cincinnati Bricks his full-time job, and he may be just a couple of years from making that a reality.

Communitypress.Cincinnati.com

-end of report-