 MediaWatch / 2755
2754  |  2756
Subject:
Cloudy's Phil Lord & Chris Miller Attached to WB's LEGO Movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:29:18 GMT

Cloudy’s Phil Lord & Chris Miller Attached to WB’s LEGO Movie

June 28, 2010
Source: Heat Vision
by Alex Billington

They’ve converted me! Warner Bros just made one of the smartest decisions ever in hiring Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the filmmaker’s behind Sony’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, to write and direct their Lego movie. You may remember when this announced last year we thought it was just going to be another toy adaptation that no one wants to see, but Lord and Miller are two of the best up-and-coming filmmakers around. Now that I know they’re working on it, I’m actually kind of curious to see what they’ll do. The plot is being kept under wraps, but it is said to be an adventure in the Lego world mixing live action and animation.

Heat Vision says that Lord and Miller are in “final negotiations” to write and direct, with Dan Lin, Roy Lee and the LEGO Group producing. The two younger filmmakers (also responsible for the cult animated show “Clone High”) prepared a presentation that apparently won over both the Warner Bros execs and the LEGO execs. They’re version features both live-action and animation, and I have a feeling it will be truly inventive and creative, which is why I’m excited to see it. Lord and Miller are also attached to Sony’s 21 Jump Street movie, which is supposed to start shooting this year, but we haven’t heard anything about that in a while.

Firstshowing.net

-end of report-