 MediaWatch / 1855
Re: LEGO® is near an agreement to sell its LEGOLAND theme parks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:37:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote:

   Danish media have speculated that Blackstone Group, a New York-based private equity firm is close to an agreement to buy LEGO family entertainment parks. The deal would be valued at about $461-468 million, according to sources close to the deal cited by the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.

The key to this article is the word “speculated”. I’ve just read on our intranet that this rumor is not true. Apparently, we are still in negotiations with more than one party.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison