 Marketplace / Theory / 2743
2742  |  2744
Subject:
New "Last Airbender" sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 00:06:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books, but through popular culture I know all about the storylines. I can see why making the Harry Potter sets was a good idea for LEGO.

Everyone knows about Star Wars. Millions of fans worldwide but non-LEGO Star Wars toys, so it was a great move for LEGO to produce the Star Wars sets.

I don’t read DC Comics, but I know all about Spiderman and Batman. They’ve both been around so long, that they’re common super heroes.

I don’t watch Nickelodian, but I see Dora the Explorer and Spongebob everywhere, and I know about the nontitle characters in their shows.

Until I heard about the new LEGO sets due out this summer, I had never heard of Avatar the Last Airbender. I’ve never seen a commercial, book, show, comic, movie preview or toy for this thing. Does anyone have any idea why LEGO thinks this will be a successful venture? It appears to be a really random choice.

And what on earth is an “airbender” anyway? Bending air doesn’t make any sense.

David “Fuzzy” Gregory