 Marketplace / Shipping / 529
528  |  530
Subject:
Shipping Delays, US to Europe ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:49:43 GMT

I have had several orders, sent via Airmail (both Letter Post and Parcel Post),
experiencing extensive delays. Each of the orders was sent to a different
country (Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark), so I doubt that the inbound customs at
the receiving end is the cause. One order, to the Netherlands via Airmail Parcel
Post, took 73 days end to end. The other two are in the 30-40 day range and not
yet delivered.

Has anyone else observed similar problems ?

I note that the USPS International Rate Calculator no longer shows typical
delivery times. I wonder if the USPS knows something that they have not bothered
to publicize.

Ray