 Marketplace / Services / 455
Re: Announcing LUCNY Apparel and Goods.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.market.services, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:51:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Alan Demlow writes:
Hi, all.  Has anybody received any LUCNY stuff yet?  I'd like to get some,
but am curious about the quality, especially when the logos are blown up
onto T-shirts, etc.  (Or if anybody has previously ordered stuff from
Cafepress I'd be curious to hear about it.)

I've ordered some www.megatokyo.com stuff. The mug was nice. The shirts were
very unimpressive heat transfer stuff (not silk screened). I sort of
expected that because I figure they are not making up screens on spec, they
just laserprint some plastic goop. But they were even worse than I expected.

My big beef with them, though, was that I placed one order and tried to add
on to it before submitting... I ended up with 4 orders and it took a lot of
emails and phonecalls to get straightened out.

If you want good, high quality goods, take preorders and go with John Neal's
shirt service. Much better stuff and you're getting better prices and
keeping an AFOL in bricks. The setup work is harder though... CafePress is
easy to set up, I will give them that.

Hope that helps!

(FUT to lugnet.org because this matters to any organization)