 Marketplace / Services / 448
Re: Paypal anomaly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Melody Brown writes:
Let us know what Paypal get back to you with.

Paypal replied to my report, but unfortunately it was a very unclear mail
about what they call "Restricted Account - Appeal Process [RAAP]". It looks
very much like an automated standard reply, and I have not a clue what RAAP
exactly means and what the consequences of such an appeal are. Their mail
gives no usefull information at all, and searching in Paypals help system on
"RAAP" or ""Restricted Account" shed no light on the subject either.

I didn't enter my password when the anomaly occured, so I believe it has not
fallen into the wrong hands. I fear that RAAP might block my account, so I
do not plan to go ahead with that procedure. I've filed another report
explaning this all to Paypal, and I hope I will hear something else as a
standard reply from them. If so, you will hear from me again.

Paypal's site seem to behave normaly again at this moment, I supose it could
have been a temporarely attempt to attack the site.
But just like Paypal I advise you all: Always check if the beginning of
their website address realy does change into https://

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.