 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1493
1492  |  1494
Subject:
Introducing the LUG Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:13:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I think after this, I'm going to consider giving Dave Johann's idea of sending
the box from LUG to LUG rather than person to person.  That way the box can be
a bit more bulky, and the shipping cost can be split.  The problem with that is
that not everyone is in a LUG, and I wouldn't want them to be excluded
permanently.

With that being said, I'd like to announce that LUGOLA will be starting a *LUG
box on November 4th. Ideally, we'd love to ship it to a LUG that is meeting on
the 11th or 18th so it can begin moving. The idea is to get another activity
going at LUG meetings that everyone can participate in to some degree. LUGOLA
thoroughly enjoyed trading with the Weeks box, and look forward to doing this
kind of activity again soon.

Simple rules (as usual):
1) The LUG is responsible for seeing that the box value increases while it is in
their possession.
2) The LUG is responsible for shipping the box to the next LUG. We suggest a $1
fee per person per trade to help defray the cost.
3) We (LUGOLA) reserve the right to recall the box at any time to restart it.
This isn't likely to happen until 6-8 LUGs have dealt with the box.
4) Partake and enjoy! Who knows? We may have a sealed surprise or two for the
second LUG on the list (we're the first obviously).

LUG signups may begin now....