 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5454
Re: Wanted - 404 set black roof peak and blue T-bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:09:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Keith Hacke wrote:

Hi

I have a 404 Universal set from 1976 that is missing a few key parts. I am in
need of a black roof slope (peak?) that is X-shaped.  The following shows the
part:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0404-1976/0404-15.html

its the black top left roof part seen in the picture at the right side.  I am
not sure if its T or X shaped but looks to be X.

I don't think that a part like this ever produced. It must be
combination of several parts. I never heard of a "x" roof peak brick,
although it is possible to make one by using 3 bricks instead (two 3049s
and a 3041).

Look at :

http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=3049

and

http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=3041

The specific configuration that you mentioned above (I mean the
brickshelf picture) uses two 3049s, a 3041 and a 3043, and most probably
your set already have these.

Also, blue "t-bars" are needed. These can be seen in:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6000/6000-31.html

Those are very old (4.5 Volt and Blue 12 V era) train system rails.
Although they have historical value, they have no use in a 9V system,
which is the current standard, so I think you can easily find some.

Good luck!

Selçuk