 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17806
Re: 1949-1990s Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 05:45:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Don Rogerson wrote:
Sold!

You have mail.

Thanks Don! :)

By the way, I have just made public a lot of my LEGO pictures on Flickr.
Besides LEGO I am also a theatre buff, and some family photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/

One of my favorite images is of a display case in Billund Denmark.  For the life
of me I don't understand why this case was later dismantled (someone had a photo
of that)... but this shows many rare early LEGO items... although I don't agree
100% with the years for some of the items.

Imagine having some of those (very expensive) classic windows in blue or dark
blue!!  They also made ones in Norway in green and in Sweden in yellow... but
because they had more "autonomy" back then... Billund wasn't always aware of
what was produced in Norway for the Norwegian and Swedish market (from 1953-60
Noway produced LEGO for both countries because of a toy import restriction... so
Danish LEGO could not be imported into Norway).

There are so many rare and odd parts produced for Norway/Sweden (produced by
Svein Stromberg of Oslo Norway)... for USA/Canada (produced by Samsonite), and
for UK/Ireland/Australia (by Courtauld's Corp., a UK textile producer).  It
wasn't until 1993 that all of the LEGO produced in the world went thru the
central production of Denmark.

That's what makes old LEGO so fascinating... as is new LEGO.

This new CD covers the 1980s and parts of the 1990s, as well as all the
different companies/countries that TLG Billund licensed to sell LEGO.

Do check out the FLICKR site, and if anyone wants to see some sample chapters of
the CD, please EMAIL me, and I send some (I will check my Spamblocker).

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  Here's that display case I was talking about...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/6349206653/in/photostream