 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17790
Re: VOLUME II - Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide 1980-90s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 06:25:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Well a lot of folks have asked when the next installment of my Encyclopedic
Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide is going to be ready... and I am now
taking pre-orders for the 1980-90s Edition.

The first 100 or so pre-orders will get a combined Volume I (1949-80) and Volume
II (1980-90s) together on 1 CD.  A new (chapter) feature will be an online link
to LEGO Commercials of the last 50 years.

The total combined CD will be over 3,000 pages of more than you will ever be
able to read about LEGO until the mid 90s.  I finished the 4.5V and 12V Train
section, and will start on the 9V Train System this weekend.

There will be over 80 chapers on everything imagineable from LEGO ads, LEGO
logos, LEGO counterfeits, LEGO clones, Modulex, Minitalia, Pirates, early and
classic space and castle and town in all its' flavors... Expert Builder/Technic,
LEGO parts and service packs, Scala, Fabuland, Duplo, Educational/Dacta,
Samsonite, wooden box sets,  You name it... it's in there.

Also for those of you who bought version 1, 2 or 3 of my first CD, there will be
additional newly discovered items during the early years as well..

Pre-orders will also get some rare LEGO parts as freebies...

I have already started taking orders on Bricklink...

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=23123237

The limited time combined CD is $29.95... with shipping $1.55 to USA/Canada
(total $31.50), and $2.55 for the rest of the world (total $32.50).

If you want to pre-order for late spring delivery (to guarantee one of these
combined versions)... and don't have a Bricklink account, the you can Paypal me
directly via my business account... istokg@earthlink.net (at eiter $31.50 total
(includes shipping) for USA/Canada, or $32.50 for rest of world).

If you want me to bill you instead, just Email me at... istokg@earthlink.net

Again, the combined CD (with what would have been a Version 4 of the first CD +
the new 1980-1990s info)... is only being offered for a limited time.
Afterwards, there will be 2 separate CDs priced separately.

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S. FYI.. this combined CD will again be either PC or MAC compatible... and if
you so wish... chapters can be printed individually in either USA or Europe
paper/print format.

Well besides getting LEGO freebies (I'm a pack rat and find boxes of stuff all
the time)... there are some additional freebies, non-LEGO related, but
collectible none the less...

Extra freebies coming to those who preorder the Volume II LEGO CD (with an
updated Volume I included).

An acquaintance of mine owns the 13 story Michigan Building in downtown Detroit.
And part of the building used to house the once opulent 4,050 seat Michigan
Theatre... which was gutted (1/2 destroyed) to be turned into a parking
structure back in 1977.

Well I got to go exploring into the dark recesses of the closed off former
theatre space in the last 3 years, and came across the dark theatre managers
office... whose floor was littered with unused rock concert tickets from
1974-75. I got to clean up the floor and sold most of the tickets on EBAY
($$$)... well I just came across another 2 boxes of saved old tickets that I
forgot about... sitting in my basement. So I will also be adding a group of
these unused collectibles (remember if you go to a rock concert... you only get
1/2 of the ticket... they tear off the other half of the stub).... these are
entire tickets!

So for those folks who are pre-ordering my LEGO collectors guide... not only
do you get free rare LEGO parts... but I'm throwing in a group of unused (and
very collectible) rock concert tickets for acts such as.... Bob Seger, REO
Speedwagon, Sly & The Family Stone, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, etc... see here for just
some of the ones available...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/5687980243/in/set-72157626093396465

Here's many of my pictures from the former theatre space, and 2 images show the
former theatre managers office litered with rock concert tickets (I had already
taken most of the tickets)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/sets/72157626093396465/

Every pre-order will be getting a bunch of these free 36 year old unused concert
tickets... if you're too old for them... give them to your teenagers...

Wow... haven't been looking at their prices in a a while... I didn't realized
these freebies were so collectible on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SLY-AND-FAMILY-STONE-1974-UNUSED-TICKETS-DETROIT-/330561091407?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf6f9f74f

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-BOB-SEGER-1975-FREDDIE-KING-UNUSED-TICKETS-MI-PALACE-/330556186850?pt=Tickets_Experiences&hash=item4cf6af20e2

http://cgi.ebay.com/JO-JO-GUNNE-ARGENT-Unused-Ticket-DETROIT-1975-SPIRIT-/200604343079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb4f35b27

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIRIT-LESLIE-WEST-MOUNTAIN-2-UNUSED-1975-TICKETS-/330558680991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf6d52f9f

http://cgi.ebay.com/KINKS-2-UNUSED-1975-CONCERT-TICKETS-Ray-Davies-USA-/330558630416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf6d46a10

http://cgi.ebay.com/1975-SPENCER-DAVIS-PRETTY-THINGS-UNUSED-TICKET-Palace-/310316639918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48405026ae

Also included will be a Cheech and Chong unused Ticket...

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S. This former theatre was used in Eminem's movie "8 MILE", where he was in
a rapp contest. It's also been seen in many other movies, commercials and TV
shows (such as "Detroit 187").
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Theater_(Detroit,_Michigan)