 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17780
17779  |  17781
Subject:
Wanna buy a lifetime Lego collection? Here's your chance!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2011 03:12:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Unfortunately my friends, the time has come for me to put this hobby aside and seek some other creative endeavor that will bring me joy and inspiration.

To be succinct, I have been very disappointed with pretty much every decision that has changed the Lego brand and product for the last decade. These decisions have created a transformation of the product into something that is no longer the Lego that I fell in love with.

I’m not going to go into details because you’ve heard all those complaints/criticisms ad nauseum, and I have no intention of leaving this wonderful community behind with a last, acrid spit of bitterness.

Lego as a hobby and a passion has been an integral part of my life for many fantastic years, and I have been fortunate to meet so many wonderful and creative people all over the world as a result. I’m so grateful that I’ve had the experience of getting to know the community and participate in so many exciting and inspiring fan club meetings and conventions.

My dilemma is that I now have a sizeable collection that I would like to see passed on to someone who can enjoy it as much I have. I have a full-time job and as such, do not have the time and resources to commit to a detailed inventory of my collection. This means that I’m unable to establish a Bricklink store to sell it piece by piece. I need to find a single buyer.

I realize that this is an extraordinarily difficult proposition, but an upcoming event may provide a solution. Bricks By The Bay will be happening in March of this year, and if anyone who is planning to attend would like to view my collection in person please let me know!

How much?

Well, I’m guessing that my collection is probably worth in the neighborhood of ten grand. There are many parts that are not pictured on the main page of my website, such an entire tub of monorail track, stanchions and car bodies. There’s also a whole tub of UFO saucer sections and BURPs.

If you’re seriously interested, please e-mail me and I would be happy to take some pictures or video for your perusal.

Play well, my friends!