 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17769
17768  |  17770
Subject:
Thinning out my LEGO collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:58:57 GMT

I’ve decided to thin out my LEGO collection and wanted to see if anyone wanted a
chunk of it before I list the inventory on BrickLink.  I am not selling
everything I have but plan to part with a lot of duplicates that I’ve been
sitting on for years.  Most of what I am letting go are still in sealed boxes.
Why am I selling it?  Because I really have  lot of stuff.  I have conclude that
it is possible to have too much LEGO – at least for me anyway!  ;-)

What sort of stuff do I have?  Lots (as in several hundred) of Service Packs
from the late 80’s and early 90’s.  9v train sets.  12v train sets.  Old Town
sets.  Quite a few Promotional (e.g. Maersk Trucks, Airline Promos) and “Hard to
Find” sets (e.g. Christmas sets) as well as some other odds and ends.

If you’re curious as to what I am talking about and want to see some pictures,
take a look at this:

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/index.php/2010/09/going-through-my-lego-vault/

If you are interested in some of these items, I have posted a complete inventory
list here:

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/index.php/2010/09/my-lego-vault-for-sale-list/

As noted on my blog post, I am willing to negotiate!  Don’t be scared off by the
BrickLink reference prices, some of them are downright silly but please don't
make silly offers either (e.g. I am not going to sell a LE Super Chief for $50).
I am more than willing to bargain particularly if you buy multiple items.  Any
row on the inventory list which is highlighted in red indicates I have sold all
of the copies I have of that item.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to contact me directly.

I am also open to working out trades for any of the following:
  - iPad
  - Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM or EF 17-40mm f/4L USM SLR lens
  - NXT stuff (bricks, motors, sensors, etc.)

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com