 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17512
17511  |  17513
Subject:
LEGO Collectors Guide with FREE old unused Concert Tickets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:53:24 GMT

Hi all,

From now until the end of the year, I am offering free 14 different old unused
rock concert tickets from the 1970's with each order of my UNOFFICIAL LEGO
SETS/PARTS COLLECTORS GUIDE (1949-80) on CD for only $26.95 plus shipping!

Here are some of the tickets in question:

http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/Concert_Tickets.jpg

More information about what is on the CD (as well as free downloadable chapters)
can be seen here (and even ordered here):

http://www.geminisystems.net/lego/

Or you can order thru my Bricklink store here:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=7386921

The 14 unused 1974-75 concert tickets have an EBAY store value of about $50.
NOTE: You will be getting 2 sets of these plus some extras!  They are:

1) BOB SEGER
2) REO SPEEDWAGON
3) SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
4) ZZ TOP & T-REX
5) SPENCER DAVIS with PRETTY THINGS
6) STRAWBS & GUESTS
7) NEKTAR and PAVLOV'S DOG
8) THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND
9) COCKNEY REBEL
10) JO JO GUNNE and ARGENT
11) ALEX HARVEY/BROWNSVILLE STATION
12) SPIRIT & IRON BUTTERFLY
13) THE KINKS
14) LESLIE WEST

Why can I offer these as free items with a purchase of my LEGO CD?

That's easy! These tickets were all from the old Michigan Theatre located in
Detroit. This 4,050 seat legendary and opulent French Renaissance theatre (where
Frank Sinatra first met Sammy Davis Jr.) was tragically gutted and turned into a
parking garage in 1977. The opulent plaster ceilings of the grand lobby and
auditorium are still intact today. The current 13 story Michigan Building owner
is an acquaintance of mine, and he let me explore the labarynthine remains of
the former theatre. At 9 stories tall, the former theatre interior is America's
largest indoor ruin.

In the dark cold former theatre managers office I came across thousands of old
historic unused theatre tickets from 1974-75. I felt like Captain Jack Sparrow
did in "Pirates of the Carribean" when he came across a room full of treasures.

The tickets were lying everywhere on all the furniture and spread out all over
the floor! The current building owner said "take as many as you want". So I did!
And now I can offer these as freebies to anyone interested in my LEGO CD.

Note: the former Michigan Theatre was used by Detroit's own rapper Eminem for
his Rap dueling scene in the movie "8 MILE". See here for more details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Theater_(Detroit)

I have so many hundreds of unused tickets, that I can afford to
be generous! Note: these are UNUSED, and NOT ripped used ticket stubs!

And then there's my LEGO CD with 1,265 pages... over 1,700 pictures of sets,
parts and historic photos... and a 380 page Insurance Guide.

Available now until New Years!

Happy Holidays!!

Gary Istok

P.S.  Those who order the LEGO CD/Tickets will be getting 10 free download
pictures of the remains of the legendary former Michigan Theatre.